Visit of authorities to the new Phi4tech battery laboratories in Noblejas02.12.2021
Noblejas, December 2. Yesterday several authorities visited the new laboratories, where Phi4tech together with its subsidiary Mindcaps are finalizing the battery cell prototype to be manufactured in Badajoz.
As the company has already announced, the location of the battery industrial project will be in the Badajoz Southwest European Logistics Platform, and it has a strategic lithium supply agreement with Lithium Iberia when the exploitation of its mine in Las Navas (Cáceres). These important synergies make the global project especially competitive.
Once the licensing process for the installation of the battery factory has begun, it will be inaugurated 20 months after the start of the works.
Modular project: with an investment of € 80 millon in a first phase and up to € 400 million
The factory will have a planned final capacity of 10 Giga-Watts, planned modularly over time in 5 modules of 2GW: the initial module of 2GW would be inaugurated a year and a half after the start of the works, it will require an investment of about 80 million euros and will create 200 direct jobs. Estimates are to reach 6GW of production in 2024. When maximum capacity is reached (10GW), a total of 400 million euros will have been invested and some 500 direct employees will work at the factory.
Phi4tech’s proposal for its plant in Extremadura is to create a next-generation battery and supercapacitor hybrid. The battery / super capacitor ensures fast charging, high durability and extremely favorable chemistry with the best charge / discharge ratio on the market. This technology does not contain cobalt, betting on the sustainability and recyclability criteria that govern within the business group and aligned with the values promoted by the European Union.
Phi4tech is committed to creating an ecosystem that encompasses society, university, professional training and administrations, and that makes it possible to create value not only economically, but also in the training of highly qualified professionals.
The location of the Phi4tech battery industrial project in the Badajoz Southwest European Logistics Platform meets three basic requirements: logistics, competitive cost of energy and access to qualified professionals. The logistics platform ensures the first condition, the region will fulfill the second due to its commitment to renewable energy and to fulfill the third point Phi4tech is committed to working on the training of new professionals, necessary within a relatively new industry.
Phi4tech is a group of nanotechnology research and development companies. The group companies create high added value applications from graphene materials:
- Mindcaps is the subsidiary in charge of the development, manufacture and commercialization of energy storage devices with special emphasis on the application of techniques based on nanotechnology and advanced manufacturing processes. Today, in addition to battery cells, supercapacitor cells and cathodes, Mindcaps is developing an eco-friendly and fully recyclable battery-supercapacitor hybrid that will achieve faster charging with high durability at a competitive price. Its cell technology for energy storage systems has been validated by Georgia Tech (Atlanta, USA).
- Graphenstone is the world’s most certified green paint brand. Its commitment to sustainability and the environment is accredited by the most internationally recognized quality labels. In addition, it is the only paint in the world that has managed to combine lime and graphene technology in its formulation base under a formula called Graphenstone Technology. It is currently present in 45 countries and manufactures in Spain, Australia, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, Colombia, Paraguay and Panama; with packaging factories in the US and Vietnam.
- Medphen industrially manufactures medical grade graphene-based nanomaterials. The company has developed the first clean and characterized graphene (GO) with which to produce high-performance polymers for the medical, cosmetic and dental sectors. In addition to raw materials, Medphen markets 3D filament and Masterbatch; polymers for medical use functionalized as antibacterial products.
- Trego is the Phi4tech division in charge of composites development. With a clear focus on research and development of innovative and state-of-the-art materials, Trego develops new ranges of products with polymeric bases doped with carbon nanomaterials with graphene characteristics specially adapted to customer needs.
- 27.04.2023 The Delegate Committee of Future: Fast Forward visits our facilities in Noblejas The visit of the F3 Group's Delegate Committee to the Nanomate facilities in Noblejas was a great opportunity to share the company's passion and commitment to innovation and excellence.
- 11.10.2023 We have obtained the industrial BPR certificate for our biocide Silixguard We have obtained the BPR certificate for the production and distribution of Silixguard at an industrial level in Spain, France, and Germany.
- 06.10.2021 Classes for the Phi4tech Master’s Degree in Battery Design and Manfacturing begin The Phi4tech’s Master’s Degree in Battery Design and Manufacture is a pioneering training program promoted by the Phi4tech Group and developed by the University of Extremadura.
- 11.05.2023 Commencement of construction work on our supercapacitor factory in Badajoz On 10 May, clearance work began on our site located at the Plataforma Logística del Suroeste Europeo (Logistics Platform of Southwest Europe) in Badajoz where our supercapacitor cell manufacturing plant and the nanomaterials research centre is to be built.